The expected results of the project
ACROSS will provide useful tools, technologies and guidelines:
- A set of technology solutions for crew monitoring.
- A set of new avionics functions with the demonstration of global performance improvement for each crew task, (Aviate, Navigate, Communicate and Manage) specifically during peak workload situations.
- A supplementary step in the technical capability for continued safe flight and landing in case of crew incapacitation.
- Following initial human factor evaluations, recommendations for management of reduced crew operations, training aspects and evolutions on functions developed.
- While achieving these goals, ACROSS will also define short-term solutions with short implementation time for immediate use in the cockpit, in order to better support crews in the current two-pilot configuration during situations of high stress.
The results of the project will be summarised in six Reports. Excerpts of the three reports will be made available in this page.